If you are not from the local area, you should register at a GP (doctor) and Dentist to access treatment.

To find your local services you can do this by entering your postcode on the NHS website.

The surgery will usually ask you to complete a form called a GMS1 (which they will provide to you) and some surgeries will also ask to see proof of your identity.

The surgery will send the GMS1 to your local NHS Commissioning Board area team. Your medical records will then be transferred to the new surgery.

More information can be found on the GSU 'Getting Registered for Health Services' webpages.